- Closing date: TBC
- Possible start date: August 2024
- Apprenticeship level: Degree Level Apprenticeship
- Expected apprenticeship duration: 48 months
- Annual wage: £18,000 with increase in line with skills progression
- Working week: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with hybrid working arrangements
- Structuring websites and mobile applications to meet customer needs, design requirements and functionality requirements
- Building websites and implementing designs
- Resolving technical issues
- Applying security updates
- Advising project manager on technical options and solutions
- Developing own technical knowledge
- Following best practices and standard procedures and seeking improvements
BSc (Honours) Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions from The Open University
One day a week for study with tutor-supported online learning.
Internal learning and development programme, made up of on-the-job learning, coaching and training, covering technical skills, personal skills and business skills
A graduate software developer role.
50% of our team has come through the apprenticeship route, and we currently have three team members on the degree apprenticeship. We look to progress apprentices on to more senior roles within our team.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- An eagerness to learn and persevere
- A willingness to experiment and try new challenges
- A commitment to delivering work of an excellent quality
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong team working skills
- Initiative and desire to take ownership
- A real interest in and curiosity about technology
Things to consider: A background in coding is helpful, but not essential. If you can demonstrate an aptitude for logical thinking and problem solving, we can help you learn to code.
- GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 6) essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6) essential
- A Level or equivalent Computing (Grade B) desirable
- A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade B) desirable
We're a small friendly team, with lots of support to help you get started. Olamalu is a great place to learn, develop and grow. You'll find yourself quickly delivering valuable work for customers and learning the latest in web technology. There are continual opportunities to stretch yourself and contribute to the future of the company.
Find out more on our careers page and do contact us if you'd like to find out more on email@example.com
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are right for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.